1.1. You must legally own the SWG Game Client. More details on this can be found here: SWG Game Client Policy
1.2. Account security is the responsibility of the account owner. Within the SWGEmu Services, do not reply to anyone claiming to be a Moderator, Admin or Staff Member who is asking for your account name and password.
1.3. Do not share accounts. There is no reason to. Any account banned for another user's actions will not be unbanned at the request of the owner.
1.4. Any and all stolen and/or compromised accounts that are reported to SWGEmu Staff may be *suspended* in order to conduct an investigation. On the SWGEmu Servers, characters are not restored or replaced.
1.5. Any player found to be involved in an account theft may have any and all of his/her accounts banned.
1.6. SWGEmu is free. There is no reason to release financial information, money or passwords to anyone. Donations to SWGEmu is appreciated but not required.
1.7. On the SWGEmu Servers, all accounts and characters used for financial gain will be deleted/banned. It is forbidden to use your account for credit farming or soliciting real life monetary trades.
1.8. It is illegal/unauthorized to use outside programs to "automate" your character. Use your in-game macros only. Any account that is caught using outside programs is liable to disciplinary action.
1.9. Banned accounts have no rights. You must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account be unbanned. The Account owner must be aware that the entire account and all characters may be purged or deleted at will.
2. Character and Item Naming
2.1 Character and Item names in SWGEmu should reflect the genre of the game. The character naming policy encompasses first and last names. The following types of names are inappropriate:
- 2.1.1 Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- 2.1.2 Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeaz, Tug Mcgroin, KneeGrow).
- 2.1.3 Any and all drug references.
- 2.1.4 Proper names from the Star Wars universe, including the first or last name of any significant NPC in Star Wars Galaxies or the Star Wars universe (e.g. Skywalker, Greedo, Vader, Exar Kun, Xizor, Fett)
- 2.1.5 Any historical or religious references. (e.g God, Jesus, Allah, Satan, Adolf Hitler, Stalin)
- 2.1.6 Names chosen with the intent, or possessed of the effect of harming the reputation of, or used to impersonate a SWGEmu developer, representative or CSR.
2.2 For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings of the word or words are also unacceptable. Guild Tags that violate the above rules will be disbanded and the guild leader will be subject to disciplinary action. Characters with any of the above type of name violations can be deleted. There will be no reimbursements made for any items, structures, credits, skills, or any other game related issue directly related to the character name being changed for the above violations. Items or objects with these words will be deleted without reimbursement.
2.3 Combinations of items or structures that violate the above rules will also be deleted without reimbursement for the item, structure, credit investment or contents. Any other name deemed inappropriate that may not fall under the above categories will be deleted at the decision of SWGEmu Staff, who have the final say on all name changes. Repeated violations can also result in an account ban.
3. Player Rules of Conduct
3.1. You may not harass or threaten other players (sexually, racially, or otherwise). Final determination of player infraction and severity will be made by a CSR. This includes but is not limited to: Hate Mongering, Sexual Abuse. Harassment, Training, Phishing and Spamming.
- 3.1.1 Harassment is defined as any unwanted or unwelcome behavior beyond the limits of good taste, civility and appropriate game context. Harassment is further defined by who is being harassed and how they perceive it. They then provide the proof to us, SWGEmu Staff, where we make a determination if it is indeed harassment.
- 3.1.2 Training is defined as pulling/leading a hostile NPC or creature along behind you and attempting to get it to attack another player who does not desire that engagement.
- 3.1.4 Spamming is defined as excessive and inappropriate use of spatial communications (i.e. emote spamming, excessive hawking or tip spamming). Rule of thumb, once every 3 minutes (/pause 180) is plenty for hawking (selling) an item or advertising for buffs (Buff instructions from entertainers can be given in group chat to keep from cluttering up spatial). As there is no Auto-AFK timeout on the server, emotes (/smile, /clap, etc) in your macros serve no purpose other than to clutter up spatial, and should not be used. Note: excessive numbers of hawkers in an area may be removed from the server by a CSR.
3.2. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language, in any language. The presence of any form of preventative filter or other game features is not license or permission, tacit or otherwise, to use such language in any form.
3.3. You may not impersonate any SWGEmu Staff Member or associated Live Server Admins, past or present. They are volunteers helping you get your game back. This includes any form of parody, jest, or attempt to deflect other players for fear of action being taken against their account. This includes:
- 3.3.1 Attempting to Defraud a CSR - Petitioning with untrue information with the intention of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, item loss, or fraudulently accusing other players of wrongdoing.
- 3.3.2 Impersonating a CSR or falsely representing yourself to another player as SWGEmu Staff.
- 3.3.3 Arguing with CSR personnel in tells after they have resolved an issue according to the rules. If you have an issue with how a CSR has handled your case, you may put in a ticket requesting a review.
- 3.3.4 CSR Personnel Abuse - sending excessive unsolicited tells to a CSR, Admin or Dev, excessively using say or other channels to communicate to a CSR, making physical threats, using abusive language against a CSR.
- 3.3.5 Submitting inappropriate or spamming CS tickets - submitting tickets with abusive language and/or profanity or continual submission of CS tickets regarding any issue which a CSR has already determined is closed.
- 3.3.6 Using Threats of Retribution by SWGEmu Staff Member Friends - attempting to convince another player that they have no recourse in a disagreement because favoritism is shown to one of the parties by the SWGEmu Staff.
- 3.3.7 You may not use CSR, GM or DEV as any part of your name or bio, even if you were a CSR on live. These designations are reserved for current CSRs.
3.7. You may not organize or be a member of any player association or groups on the SWGEmu Servers that is based on or espouses any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hate-mongering philosophy. You also may not organize or be a member of any player association which habitually violates the SWGEmu Rules and Policies.
- 3.7.1 Note: Player Association and Guild leaders condoning, participating in, or knowingly allowing such action to occur may also be held responsible for the actions of their Player Association and may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account. Player Associations which violate the above rules are subject to disbandment.
3.8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a game world area. Area Disruption is defined as any activity, intentional or unintentional, which harms or inconveniences a larger number of players. Disruption includes, but is not limited to, such things such as:
- 3.8.1 Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past or trapping other players using objects, or items.
- 3.8.2 Placing any object (such as pets, droids, structures, city facilities) which prevent access to game content (anything in the game, including city structures, houses, caves, mission terminals, etc.) or trap other players.
- 3.8.3 Using graphics intensive weaponry to duel in high traffic areas or pulling/storing broken vehicles in rapid succession.
- 3.8.4 Organizing, holding, or participating in protests held in high traffic areas (such as busy Starports or other areas where many players normally gather).
Note: In reporting all cases of harassment, you will need to provide proof. This includes screenshots that show completely, the harassment incident. DO NOT black out certain sections of your chat log or your screenshot will be ignored and will not be considered valid proof. Send this and all other proof to email@example.com..
3.9 The SWGEmu Team encourages the reporting of any and all exploits. You are required to immediately report and discontinue use of all discovered exploits or face disciplinary action listed below.
- 3.9.1 A bug is defined as an unintended result of a game function that is unintentionally encountered and/or cannot be bypassed without altering the intended gameplay experience.
- 3.9.2 Exploiting is defined as the commission of an action within the game to circumvent or alter the normal functions of said game.
- 3.9.3 Hacking is defined as altering the client to perform functions outside of its normal operation, altering data transmitted between the client and server, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to SWGEmu servers.
- 3.9.4 Report all exploits to firstname.lastname@example.org, www.swgemu.com/bugs, support.swgemu.com, or drop a PM on forums or IRC to Devs or QA
- 3.9.5 Offenders are required to immediately disclose all known information about the exploit. Failure to comply with this policy will result in an immediate actions taken against their accounts. Punishment will be determent depending on the severity of the offense and willingness to disclose details of exploit by SWGEmu Staff
4.1 You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while on the SWGEmu Servers or Forums. Failure to follow instructions from SWGEmu Personnel may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account that may include warnings, temporary bans or terminations.
Support is available through our IRC network in the #swgemusupport channel or, at support.swgemu.com. Head here or here for help connecting to our IRC Server. If you require help for your account or character, you need to request help yourself; DO NOT send a friend to Support on your behalf to request help, as we will not offer nor provide support. We will only assist the account owner.
Enjoy your time on Basilisk (Pre-Alpha) and thank you for helping us prepare for Alpha!
~ The SWGEmu Team